Click To Know More!

FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM:

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

CELEBRATION: Birthday & Farewell @ Serai, Empire Shopping Gallery

This post is dedicated to my beloved friend // granddaughter who will be flying later at 11.59pm to Louisiana, US. First of all, I am so sorry that I am not able to send you off and sing "all I want by Kodaline" with the chore we talked earlier (HAHA?) Anyhow, I am still here at my home wishing you to have a safe flight and all the best in US, be safe all the time. OKAY? (please reply me OKAY) after you view this and have landed safely.

We celebrated her birthday as well as her farewell in a malay fusion restaurant, seriously out of our expectations. Normally we will only pick western, korean or something else, but for sure not malay. However, I feel it was quite a great choice, at least she got to enjoy a malay styled meal before flying to US. 

Fortunately we made reservation before heading there, seriously aint no joke as the line in Serai is absolutely crazy. 

Left: Minted Calamansi Soda (RM10.50) - Soda with crushed mint leaves & calamansi.
Center: Serai Blended (RM10.50) - Ice blended with lychees & lemongrass extract. (worse, tasteless)
Right: Serai Iced Tea (RM12) - Lemon sorbet, lemongrass extract and a hint of fresh mint. 

Nasi Kerabu (RM22) - Blue-tinted rice served with ayam percik, salted egg, ulam, solok lada & keropok ikan. (my friends loved this the most, but I hate this the most, I just really don't like it).

Beef Rendang Penne (RM23) 

Thai Mango Kerabu (RM15) - with dried cuttlefish, birds eye chilli & crushed peanuts.

Tom Yum Seafood (RM8) - Choice of serai's homemade tom yum paste or clear broth. (not the best tom yum :( )

Middle Eastern Medley (RM45) - Moroccan lamb shank cooked to perfection, served with spiced rice, cucumber raite and signature Turkish relish. (I know this is super expensive, but its huge and da bomb!)

Deepfried salted egg squid (RM20)

Nasi Ambang (RM20) - white rice served with portions of prawn sambal, beef rendang tok, ikan kering, fried noodles, mixed vegetables & tempe.

Because the princess saw someone ate ABC (and all of us thought it was a cendol), so I went to order a cendol (ended up not what we saw) & red velvet (supposingly order pavlova but sold out) for her :( HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE.

We just wanted a group photo then the waiter insisted us to stand in front of their restaurant with their shop name to take a group photo =.=

and there goes the photobomber at the back.  

Then we became their ambassadors.

*********************************************************


Last but not least, I hope you can read this when you arrive there. Those geli geli words no need to say lah, keep it in your heart, I will see you soon? May your smiles brighten up the angmos there and remember bring one back :P


Have a nice day!
Love, Winnie.


10 comments:

  1. Birthday & Farewell @ Serai, Empire Shopping Gallery is looking outstanding. I had a great time watching these photos. The food is brilliant and the photos have made my mouth watered. At the local event space NYC I also attended a luncheon and entire buffet was traditional themed which I loved from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete